Monday 28 May 2018

It’s here!


Well, it’s finally here, presentation day! Waking up at the crack of dawn I’m trying to convince myself it’s because the bed isn’t so comfy and it’s not because I’m starting to get nervous. This is what I’ve been waiting for, to share my research with everybody, but why do I feel like I’ve shot back into the past waiting to go into an exam? Isn’t association incredible? I’ve been trying over this term to separate and place my dance career with different types of association (popping it into boxes). For example, this course does not belong to my past or education, it’s place is now and in the future. Therefore, having new feelings and emotions.

I’ve enjoyed doing my research and I have learnt so much it’s an eye-opener to me, so why am I getting in a state. Last night I was faffing around, what should I wear, should I have glasses or contacts etc? I finally realised what I was doing and told myself to stop (with a smile!). This isn’t an exam where I’m trying to get an “Honours”, I don’t have to proof to anyone that I’m a good dancer or teacher. This has all been for me and it has indeed been worth it.

I don’t know where this journey will take me in the future, but I do know that it has been more than just about my practice. It’s helped me make sense of things that I couldn’t understand before. I only have one regret and that is I wished I had discovered it before!

I wish everybody doing presentations the best of luck in the next two days, and for Modules 1’s and 2’s, enjoy it!


Sam

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sam, I enjoyed your presentation very much! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you are well and good luck for Module Three x

      Delete